Monday, August 6, 2012

Week Six: WebQuest

This week we were asked to search WebQuests; for anyone who doesn't know what they are you can find a great detailed definition and samples at this website http://webquest.org/ . However, a brief explanation would be it is a lesson created on the internet for teachers, and students to learn information using links to the internet and various programs. 

I have mentioned before that I am not a teacher yet however, when I become one Shark week will be a lesson I teach no matter what grade level I am in. As you all know on the discovery channel Shark Week is coming up and is the 25th anniversary. So for the WebQuest I chose to evaluate is http://projects.edtech.sandi.net/sessions/sharks/index.html. This WebQuest is about Sharks, the content and lesson is created for younger students grades 2nd - 5th. It is also colorful, creative, and engaging to the students.After reviewing and evaluating the WebQuest I concluded that the lesson and layout was easy and understandable. Which was a main concern of mine. When I was researching WebQuests a lot of the ones I looked at were extremely wordy and confusing, so for younger students you can't have that. It needs to be straight forward and understanding.  That's why I chose the one above. 

The next assignment we were asked to do, was to create our own WebQuest so with me being obsessed sharks right now I decided to create my WebQuest on Sharks also. I know my creativity didn't expand to much, but I couldn't help it. So here is a link to my WebQuest, http://questgarden.com/147/21/6/120806132022/. If you view it yes I know it is not as glamorous as the one above but I think it is rather good for my first WebQuest. The program I used to create my WebQuest was QuestGarden, it allows you to create a WebQuest step by step. Although it's step-by-step I still found it confusing. It was hard to understand what information was needed for each section, and then by the end I wasn't sure if I had all the information I needed to put in there, or if it looked okay. So I tweaked it a little bit and hopefully people who review it like and understand it. 

This week there were no Tech Explorations so I am sorry I can't share any with you but next week I'm sure there will be some interesting ones to search and look at. Hope you enjoyed my WebQuest and blog. Cya next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment