Monday, August 20, 2012

Week Eight: Security

   Well this is my last week for my Educational Technology class, and this week we has a lesson on Security on your computer. Trojans, Worms, Viruses, Etc have you heard of these? I'm sure you have and when you think of  them they make you feel worried. I know they made me feel worried inside. This week we had to read over information from two different sites http://computer.howstuffworks.com/virus.htm and http://www.albion.com/netiquette/. These sites are very helpful if you are unfamiliar with security issues on your computer. 

    In the past I have had some issues with viruses and Trojans on my personal computers. I have had to clear my computers off before so that they would work properly, and for anyone who knows or has been there it an be a real pain.I lost a lot of my media from pictures, music, papers, school work, etc. However, after I  cleared off my computer it worked just like it was brand new. So a tip I would like to give to everyone is make sure your antivirus software is up to date because they are crucial. If you use your computer for shopping, gaming, research, and everything else, then without protection a HACKER or VIRUS can destroy your computer. With a hacker they can access all of your personal information on your computer and steal your identity. So keep your self protected. 

   For the class I really enjoyed all the information I learned through the Tech Explorations, discussion boards, and of course Blog entries. This class has definitely opened my eyes to new technology options and helpful tools in the classroom. I can't wait to start teaching so that I can use the information that I learned about.  
        

No comments:

Post a Comment