Monday, July 16, 2012

Week Three: Word Processing & Assistive Technology

When I started reading and researching for week threes assignments I was relieved to see it was about word processing and Desk top publishing, because that is what I am familiar with unlike last weeks when I was lost in all the spreadsheets and databases.
This week we researched Technology in the classroom and how word processing can  be used in all aspects. it can be used to create newsletters, calenders, event flyer's, and much more. When looking for a document to share on my blog, I didn't have much to choose from because I am not a teacher yet, so I don't have any newsletters or calendars made for students. So I made one...



This event flyer is a Fall Festival Flyer that I made to announce an event that we might have at our school, welcoming parents and students back from the summer.  The flyer I feel is eye appealing, and straight forward. however, on my blog it looks blurry and I apologize for that.

Other things we learned about this week were Blooms Technology Pyramid and how it was filled with all types of technology to assist people. A great website for that is http://digitallearningworld.com/blooms-digital-taxonomy-pyramid. If you haven't looked into the pyramid you should especially if you are going to be a teacher.
In our Tech Explorations we looked at different assistive technology devices that are available. Like PowerTalk, ZOHO, and many others. Technology and tools that turn text into audio. So for individuals who have trouble speaking out loud, reading, or just want to multitask and listen to text while they are doing something else; these are some great resources available to do that. Another Exploration we looked at that I highly recommend any teacher or educator to look at and bookmark in their computer. http://www.4teachers.org/tools/ This site is wonderful, it has so many tools and features that are easy to use and quick to access. If you are an educator and haven't viewed this website you should go there immediately!
That's all that we did this week and I learned a so much. Can't wait to see what next week has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment